Skärhamn, Tjörn County, Sweden
5 days / 4 nights / 101 hours
8075 SEK / £ 625 per person
NOTE! If booked together with ”2 days Complete Coastal Survivor (ENG)” then you will receive a 1110 SEK / £ 86 discount on this course. Total price for both courses is then 11240 SEK / £ 899.
Year 2020: 26/8 9:00 am – 30/8 14:00 pm
The Complete Coastal Hunter Gatherer course is a 5 day bushcraft course located in the beautiful west coast of Sweden. The course covers both modern and primitive coastal bushcraft and will therefore give you the complete coastal hunter gatherers skill set. Learn how to live off the seashore where you can thrive rather than just survive.
This unique coastal bushcraft course is in other words a must for all coastal foragers and hunters. We will have full packed days of practical well practiced skills and proven results! Forage, fish and hunt along the seashore, living of what you catch and find using many different methods.
Topics covered in the Complete Coastal Hunter Gatherer bushcraft course
This course will for instance give you a chance to practically master the following skills and teach you to thrive, rather than just survive!
- Coastal fishing with and without fishing rods. Many techniques are covered with kits that we will provide you with. Some of the things that you make may be taken home with you after the course to build on your coastal kit.
- Making a net starting with fishing line and beach rubbish. For instance we will teach you professional net construction including gill nets for round fish and tangle nets for flat fish.
- Long line construction and use. Here both modern and primitive skills are covered.
- Setting longlines, nets and traps. Learning the where, when and how.
- Finding local available baits and how to best put it on the hooks. This is a detail that like others greatly increases you chances of a catch.
- Fish and shellfish traps (that work) made from beach rubbish and natural materials and resources. Make your own willow shellfish and fish trap.
- Identification of seaweeds. Learn how and when to harvest them along with cooking and drying.
- Identification of fish and shellfish along with coastal wild life.
- Identification and foraging for coastal and inland plants and after that also learn how best to eat, cook and preserve them.
- Cooking and preserving on an open fire with and without modest utensils.
- How best to prepare and cook the wide range of wild food with basic equipment to produce restaurant quality food for your self and the group.
- Salting, cold and hot smoking meat and seafood.
- Coastal safety and navigation, understanding tides, winds and ocean currents affects.
- First aid and medicine from wild resources
What do you need for the course?
Catering and accommodation:
You are required to provide your own breakfasts and lunches using your own cooking system. Evening meals are provided and will incorporate a mix of what you may have foraged, caught or prepared. Fresh water will be available for drinks. The sea we use for washing up.
A tent is recommended and you can park fairly close to your pitch, free wild camping is in our private coastal meadow. Toilets we cannot guarantee but we arrange that issue at scene.
- Course must be payed in advance. An invoice will be sent to you.
- Max 12 participants.
- Accommodation: Your own tent or suitable sleeping system.
- Washing facilities: Your own system and the sea.
- Cooking facilities: Evening meal will be provided. You use your own self fuelled system for breakfast and lunch.
- Water: On site ground sourced unfiltered spring water or similar.
- Food provided: Evening meal will be provided.
- Parking facilities: On site field parking.
- Person fitness: Walk a shorter distance with your backpack and foraging during the days.
Skill level required
You should be confident and experienced to wild camp with limited resources for 5 days and able to perform basic tasks confidently in all weather conditions, with adequate kit suitable for the season.